Monday, December 9

A Poem by Kent


Kent's Classroom Assignment: write a poem about what BYU-Idaho has done for you.

“BYUI
I for Idaho
Idaho for freezing tundra
Someone I met
That I thought I had known
Was not sure of this the unknown
She was so foxy
Wished I could be so luck to get to know her
She invited me over we got to know each other
We went dancing
Felt as though we were prancing
A spark was lit
We could not just sit
Skyping, letters and many months more
A best friend I had in store
A best friend, the best wife I could ever hope for
Ricks has given me life
And a wife to learn from and grow with
We will have hard times and good times
All things are possible with Christ and your loved one at your side.
The someone I met is Anna.

Anna Christine Freeby Buys.”

When Kent got to the line that said, "A best friend I had in store" he started tearing up. I love that man.

No comments:

Post a Comment